Are you ready to join a QA team that take responsibility and ensure our clients receive the highest quality of software? Are you looking for a team who will help mentor and facilitate your personal development?
If so, then you might just be the next QA Engineer to join the GCD team!
You’ll get the opportunity to work with the latest leading tools and technologies in Test Automation as well as gain knowledge in testing a range of platforms across web, API, mobile and databases.
Be part of a team that is small enough to feel like family, but big enough to take on innovative software projects for amazing brands like Coca Cola, Fane Valley, Belfast Telegraph and many more…
Be a part of GCD……
Read on to learn more about the role responsibilities.
At GCD, we have four key principles of responsibility:
- WORK PRODUCTIVELY
- WORK SKILLFULLY
- WORK COLLABORATIVELY
- WORK PROFESSIONALLY
In each of these pillars you’ll find key areas of responsibility, leadership and commercial awareness which we expect of our QA Engineers, some of these include:
- Try to complete tasks assigned to you on time
- Communicate clearly and often
- Follow the processes outlined by your team and update cards and issues religiously
- Plan your work and continually estimate the amount of effort remaining
- Excellent time-management and listening skills
- Be able to empathise with the client and understand their needs
- Embrace learning how to identify and create appropriate automated and manual test cases and suites within our test management tool
- Make efficient use of your team’s time, be ready to share the load
- Understand the importance of detailed bug reports in ensuring development don’t waste time attempting to understand the issue
- Love learning and growing your skills and experience
- Have a can-do attitude and a readiness to move out of your comfort zones.
- Be on time for daily scrum meetings and give detailed updates
- Be mindful that you are also part of a wider team in GCD. You should understand the role that your team and you as an individual play in our success, and actively contribute to it
If all that sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then there are just a few more essential criteria you need:
We would like you to have:
- Experience of test execution including raising/tracking bugs and using test management systems
- Previous work experience in QA of software products
- A working understanding of web technologies
- An understanding of the software development cycle
- An understanding of Agile development practices
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent verbal and written English skills
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
It would be good if you have:
- Any form of QA Testing Qualification
- Any experience with automation frameworks
GCD was founded in 1999 by our two founders, in their student accommodation in Queen’s University, Belfast. It was a time of dial up internet, Netscape browsers and Napster. People didn’t ‘google’ things, smartphones didn’t exist and business software was grey and dreary.
Our ambition back then was (and still is) to create better software for businesses; to replace those ‘grey’ out of the box digital solutions, that barely work and are a pain to use, with beautifully designed custom software products and platforms that help businesses innovate, compete and win.
How we work
Behind our software solutions is a close-knit team of dedicated, ambitious engineers, thinkers and inventors. We love what we do - imagining, designing and building custom software solutions and apps that defy expectations and deliver results for our clients.
- QA Engineer
- GCD HQ
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
What we'll offer you
💰 A great salary plus 10% annual bonus
🌴 34 days annual leave
🏥 Bupa private medical insurance
📈 5% matched company pension contribution
🕣 Flexible working options, alternate hours and working from home
💻 £3,500 hardware allowance
💭 Remote first thinking
👨🏫 Access to our mentorship programme
📚 Personal training and development plans
Our Remote First Principles
We are not remote friendly here at GCD. We’re remote first!
Our team have the choice to work where suits them best (be that at home, in the office or a mixture of both). Our ways of working, our processes, our tools and our methods of communication have all been specifically designed to support remote working first.
About GCD Technologies
We help companies build their digital future with custom software that always delivers on its promise of value, that produces real results and is an absolute joy to use. The impact it will make and the people who will use it, are what truly drives us.
Loading application form
Already working at GCD Technologies?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.