We're looking for an experienced full stack software developer to join our team in building complex custom software and digital products for our clients.
Although we’re small enough that we feel like family, we’re big enough to take on innovative software projects for amazing brands like Energia, Fane Valley, Belfast Telegraph and many more…
Why not be part of a team that creates great software solutions and see firsthand how the solutions you build make a big difference in the hands of our clients?
Be a part of GCD……
Key Responsibilities of a Full Stack Software Developer:
At GCD, have four key principles of responsibility:
- Work Productively
- Work Skillfully
- Work Collaboratively
In each of these pillars you’ll find key areas of responsibility, leadership and commercial awareness which we expect of our Software Developers, some of these include:
- Build high performance, secure applications with the very best of user experiences in mind.
- Be aware of the client’s budget on individual features and the project as a whole.
- Make pragmatic decisions based on value to the customer and their business.
Respect your teammates by ensuring you test your own work to a high standard; create unit and automated tests wherever possible and develop a methodical approach to testing your own user interfaces.
- Be ready to share the load and help those who need it.
Love learning, be curious and always be growing your skills and experience.
- Develop a depth of understanding in computer science, programming theory and software security.
- Write good documentation & record time sheets diligently.
Be mindful that you are also part of a wider team in GCD and proactively contribute to a team culture that challenges convention, promotes robustness and delivers more.
If all that sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then there are just a few more essential criteria you need:
- Ability to undertake the responsibilities of being a software engineer at GCD.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the software industry.
- Experience of working within an agile environment.
- Excellent academic qualifications and communication skills, written and verbal.
In return, we will offer you:
- A great salary plus 10% annual bonus
- 34 days annual leave (with Christmas week off)
- Bupa private medical cover
- 5% matched company pension
- Flexible working options
- Remote first thinking
- Hardware allowance
- Personal development and training plans
- Access to our mentorship programme
- Regular social events in-person and virtual - gaming nights, family BBQs, paintballing...
GCD was founded in 1999 by our two founders, in their student accommodation in Queen’s University, Belfast. It was a time of dial up internet, Netscape browsers and Napster. People didn’t ‘google’ things, smartphones didn’t exist and business software was grey and dreary.
Our ambition back then was (and still is) to create better software for businesses; to replace those ‘grey’ out of the box digital solutions, that barely work and are a pain to use, with beautifully designed custom software products and platforms that help businesses innovate, compete and win.
How we work
Behind our software solutions is a close-knit team of dedicated, ambitious engineers, thinkers and inventors. We love what we do - imagining, designing and building custom software solutions and apps that defy expectations and deliver results for our clients.