Do you think you have what it takes to shape digital products for our clients? Working with one of our delivery teams you will work directly with our clients to understand their business problems, invent innovative software solutions and guide a team of developers, designers and QA engineers in building solutions that truly make a difference.
If you love solving real world business problems and you thrive on managing people in cutting edge projects that enable businesses to achieve their full potential, then you might be just the Product Manager we are looking for!
Our product managers are involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle. Working with a technical project lead and a UX designer you will get to deliver amazing software to our clients. You will manage a road map, discover the requirements, match expenditure appetite to developer effort, present iterations demos to the client, road test the solution with real users and gather the all important feedback.
Although we’re small enough that we feel like family, we’re big enough to take on innovative software projects for amazing brands like Energia, Fane Valley, Belfast Telegraph and many more…
Why not be part of a team that creates great software solutions and see firsthand how the solutions you manage make a big difference in the hands of our clients?
Be a part of GCD……
Read on to learn more about the role responsibilities...
At GCD, we have four key principles of responsibility:
- WORK SKILLFULLY
In each of these pillars you’ll find key areas of responsibility, leadership and commercial awareness which we expect of our Product Managers, some of these include:
- Take responsibility for the management and coordination of client software projects
- Identify and gather client requirements and produce solid estimations
- Manage agile projects from ideation stage to proposed solution, through to development and implementation
- Assist the customer in identifying and streamlining processes using technological solutions
- Clearly plan and define the scope of the project with the customer using MoSCoW analysis
Coordinate the capture of success criteria and benefits realisation
Ensure projects remain on time and on budget and keep the client informed of progress throughout
- Ensure the project delivers expected outcomes/benefits agreed with the customer
- Always act as your client’s advocate, ensuring their business needs are understood and catered for
- Be ready to help those who need it & be patient with those who are developing their skills
Communicate clearly and often & in turn encourage the team to communicate effectively
Encourage the team to take ownership of the budget and product
If all that sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then there are just a few more essential criteria you need:
We would like you to have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience of managing software projects or teams
- Experience in developing sound client relationships
- A good level of technical knowledge
- Experience of working within a truly agile environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
It would be good if you have:
A computer science, or similar, background
- Previously worked in a software company