It’s an exciting period of growth here at GCD across all of our teams as we continue to deliver innovative digital products and custom software to our clients. As a result, we’d like to add another talented Support Engineer to our award winning team.
You’ll be joining a specialist team of software support engineers who ensure our customers receive the highest level of care and support. If you have at least one year of experience in a similar Support Engineer role and are ready for the next challenge in your career, read on to learn more about the role responsibilities of a GCD Support Engineer.
At GCD, we have four key principles of responsibility:
- Work Productively
- Work Skillfully
- Work Collaboratively
- Work Professionally
In each of these pillars you’ll find key areas of responsibility, leadership and commercial awareness which we expect of our Support Engineers, some of these include:
- As a software support engineer at GCD you will be involved in understanding customer issues with their software, replicating faults, diagnosing issues and were possible providing solutions or managing escalation to a development team.
- Prioritise your tasks to ensure that you are making the best use of your time.
- Triage tickets and emails effectively.
- Use the full range of techniques and tools available to investigate and resolve issues effectively.
- Plan your day and week to ensure that you move the needle on your most important tasks.
- Follow support processes to ensure that you turnaround issues successfully for clients.
- Try to fully understand clients issues from their perspective and build knowledge of the applications we support to make that process second nature.
- The ability to multitask effectively is a critical aspect of our ability to handle multiple issues effectively and remain efficient in doing so.
- Be curious about the technologies you take for granted - how do they work?
- Be ready to help those who need it.
- Set an example teammates can follow by demonstrating excellent customer service for our clients.
- As the voice of GCD you are always polite, professional and understanding in your communications with clients.
If all that sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then there are just a few more essential criteria you need:
- At least 1 years experience in a similar application support role.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Experience working with SQL.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience working with or familiarity with AWS and/or Azure.
- Good level of understanding of Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience writing technical documentation or application user guides.